Thursday 5 March 2015

Who Am I and What Makes Me Think I'm An Expert?




Like a lot of women, particularly mothers, I spent years putting myself last. I paid scant attention to my health and fitness, focusing on work and family. There seemed little time and energy left for anything else.

In 2010 I had a brain snap moment. I was 46 years old, and tired of being - well, tired! I heard about an online study the CSIRO were doing for their Total Wellbeing Diet and the rest, as they say, is history! Six months and 25 kgs or so later, a new me was born!

I became a gym junkie and took up running. Running was doing my head in,  I started utilising my long time love of cycling and swimming and tentatively entered my first triathlon - and was hooked! Four seasons later, I am about to compete in my first Olympic Distance Triathlon - 1.5km swim, 40km bike ride, 10km run. Something I would not have dreamed possible five years ago.

Now it hasn't all been plain sailing. There's been plenty of challenges along the way. Life is just that, life, and it throws you a curve ball every now and again! I like to think I'm getting a lot better at hitting those curve balls!

I don't pretend to be an expert - I just know what has worked for me. Everyone is different, there is no 'one size fits all' solution to health and fitness. You need to find what works FOR YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment